What are cookies?
What are cookies used for?
Widdop and Co. do not pass any cookie data on to third parties for the purpose of marketing non-Widdop products. A company called ‘Pure Clarity’ manages the cookie data captured from the website but only to provide the personalised information on the site and to provide Widdop and Co. with relevant information – none of this information is used by third parties.
The main purposes for which cookies are used are: -
For technical purposes essential to effective operation of our websites, particularly in relation to on-line transactions and site navigation (e.g. remembering viewing preferences)
For Widdop and Co. to market to you in a relevant way, particularly in regards to the banners and product recommendations presented to you
To let Widdop and Co. to collect information about your browsing and shopping patterns, including to monitor the success of campaigns, competitions etc. and to help improve our future offering
How do I disable cookies?
If you want to disable cookies you need to change your website browser settings to reject cookies. How you can do this will depend on the browser you use. Further details on how to disable cookies for the most popular browsers are set out below:
For Microsoft Internet Explorer
- Choose the menu "tools" then "Internet Options"
- Click on the “privacy” tab
- Select the setting the appropriate setting
For Google Chrome
- Choose Settings > Advanced
- Under "Privacy and security," click “Content settings”.
- Click “Cookies”
- Choose Preferences > Privacy
- Click on "Remove all Website Data"
For Mozilla Firefox
- Choose the menu "tools" then "Options"
- Click on the icon "privacy"
- Find the menu "cookie" and select the relevant options
For Opera 6.0 and further
- Choose the menu "Files" > "Preferences"
What happens if I disable cookies?